Monday, January 21, 2008
There was never a moment while I was away when I didn’t think about you friends, and of course food!! So instead of ranting of how busy I was lately, I just welcome you all to enjoy this oh-so-lovely mango panna cotta, which I have topped with pistachios, almonds and mango pulp!
Needless to say, this is the latest creation out of my kitchen, something that we have been indulging in over the weekend. It was also about time I peeped in to say hi to my friends and fellow bloggers. And what better way than this creamy Italian delicacy?
1 cup low fat buttermilk,
1 cup half and half
1 cup whipping cream
1 tbs vanilla essence
1/3 cup + 3 tbs sugar
2 tsp gelatin powder
2 tbs cold water
4 tbs mango pulp
A few slivered almonds & pistachios
1. Grease 8 ramekins and set aside.
2. Soak the gelatin in cold water.
3. In a sauce pan, heat the buttermilk, half and half, whipping cream, sugar, mango pulp and vanilla essence. Bring it to a slow simmer.
3. Remove from the stove and mix the gelatin while whisking this mixture slowly.
4. Pour into individual ramekins and chill for at least 4-5 hours.
Carefully run a sharp knife to loosen the edges of the panna cotta. Keep your serving plate on the ramekin and turn it upside down. Tap on the top of the plate. Panna cotta will slip onto your dessert plate. Top with almonds, pistachios and some more mango pulp, if desired.