Thursday, August 30, 2007

Thanks, Sorry and a Pasta!


For all you dear friends, let me begin this post by saying a big “thank you” and “sorry”.

Well, sorry for not being able to respond to your comments and read all the lovely posts that you have published over the last few days. Although I did manage to take a sneak peek on the blogroll, I have been completely unaware of any details.

And, thank you for taking the time to stop by and sharing your thoughts on my different take on Ratatouille.

The past few days have been flooded with things at work and of course home! With the gorgeous summer almost coming to an end here, I spent the past couple of days wrapping up field work associated with several projects at work. I was working crazy hours and one night had to go watch the installation of a road traffic messaging system from 9pm to 3am. At home, I attempted to make a cheesecake on Friday night which turned into a complete fiasco and I was torn to bits with the humiliation. After my cheesecake disaster, we were left with no dessert for Friday night!

So there I was in the kitchen with no dessert and moreover, nothing cooked for dinner and in no mood to eat out or carry out!!

I was lucky to find some pasta, cherry tomatoes and home made basil pesto sauce. Yeah, you got it! I am going to be talking about my latest pasta recipe here. It got my mood back after pouring gallons of tears on the lost cheesecake! It also best compliments my current busy schedule, although I hope I am not cooking pasta forever!

Ingredients

Pasta (of your own choice)
3 tbs Basil Pesto Sauce (as I had described here)
10 Cherry Tomatoes, cut in half
Salt (as per taste)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Method
1. Cook pasta until al dente stage (or as per instructions on the packet)
2. Drain most of the water from the pasta, leaving about a big spoonful in the pot.
3. Heat some olive oil in a pan.
4. Add the cherry tomatoes and sautee for about 4-5 min.
5. Add the salt and mix well.
6. Mix the pasta, sauteed tomatoes and the basil pesto sauce together.

Serving

Serve the pasta with some bread and a light wine.

I am sending this entry to the my friend, Ruth, who hosts the weekly Presto Pasta Nights event.

36 comments:

Suganya said...

Cheesecakes are fuss-budgets. They need some taming. Don't loose yr heart. They are not impossible.

bha said...

Oh Cheesecake, tell me about them...i dont think i wud ever succeed at baking one.....I must say all your pasta look beautiful in the photos...i always thought pasta arent photogenic

Katie Zeller said...

Nothing like an easy - and delicious, pasta dish to cheer us up and sooth the harried soul...
Bakeries make good cheesecakes....

Latha Narasimhan said...

Nice recipe nandita! I make for my son, but I don't eat pasta at all.

Srivalli said...

well that pasta looks inviting...its been ages since I made any cheesecakes!...

Sia said...

awww sweetie... dont worry abt cheese cake. i am sure u will get it right next time. pasta looks super delicious.

Latha Narasimhan said...

Oh I am sorry poonam, I just got confused as you resemble nandita of saffrontrail! I was just thinking I goofed up somewhere! sorry once again dear!

Laavanya said...

Pretty pesto pasta you have there.
Don't worry about the cheesecake am sure your next attempt will be a success.

J said...

Don't lose heart over the cheesecake. Pasta looks superb!

Rajitha said...

i know the feeling.. you put in the effort and the final product bombs on you... but i think like all foodies we move on to another dish and make ourselves happy...

Finla said...

Yeah i know the feeling when you make something and it turn out to be a disaster...........
Byt your pasta dish looks great.
MMMM.... love any kind of pasta dishes.

marriedtoadesi.com said...

The type of pasta you used looks interesting. What kind is it?

Kanchana
ps. Aaaaaah, we all have those days when an experiment goes awry. Try, try, try again.

Ashwini said...

Cheer up...that pasta makes up for everything else :-)

Deborah said...

I know the feeling - my last dessert was a disaster! I wouldn't worry - cheesecakes are so finicky - you never know when they will work out or decide to ruin your night! On the positive side, your pasta looks wonderful!!

Tee said...

Hey Poonam, don't fret over the cheesecake...at least you tried making it, you will definitely get it the next time. The Pasta is a winner all the way...looks so good! :)

Raaga said...

yummy :-)

Cynthia said...

Hey Poonam, no need to apologise my dear, life happens. Sorry about the cheesecake but I know that you will make another go at it.

The composition of your photograph really does great justice to the pasta dish. The noodles look so fluffy and pillowy.

Padma said...

Poonam nice pasta recipe, looks mouthwatering and yeah inviting too!

Ruth Daniels said...

Poonam, I just noticed your entry in my inbox, hidden along with spam! How did that happen!!!

Your gorgeous entry is now up on the Presto Pasta Night Roundup for all to share.

I do hope you plan on coming back with more goodies!

Lindsay Blau Portnoy said...

What a delicious and simple pasta dish. I love the green and red colors!

SeeC said...

Immmm delicious looking pastas.

amna said...

looks awesome! and the event looks good too.. maybe i can participate one day!

Poonam said...

Hi Girls, Thanks, for cheering me up on my cheesecake loss. I am glad you liked the pasta!

Kanchana: I used some home style noodles in this recipe. I found them at a local store here.

Latha: Don't worry! :)

FH said...

I had lasik surgery while you were busy! :D
Pasta looks yum.

Sharmi said...

delicious looking Pasta!!

Raaga said...

haven't seen you around in a long time... hope everything's OK.

Sona - quick picks/pick quicks said...

nice blog...

ams said...

hey... i've tagged u for 8 things abt me.... u can add some recepe in between to make sure that blog follows the theme :)
chk out my post.

J said...

You're busy? Haven't seen you around...

Erica said...

This looks very tasty, I think I'm going to try this at home tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by my blog Vego Zest by the way!

Finla said...

Poona Not seen you for ages. Hope you are doing fine

Latha Narasimhan said...

Nice pasta poonam!:) lovely picture too!
HAPPY DIWALI!:)

Latha Narasimhan said...

Pasta looks delicious! :) I am actually in awe of so many bloggers like you who manage their work, home and find time to blog and visit other blogs! :) Take your time dear!

Unknown said...

Pasta is always a great comfort food! This looks delicious!!

tooth whitening

Mansi said...

Pastas are just so fabulous as you can try so many variations!! don't get sad girl, your panna cotta is looking awesome!!:)

SaraLynn said...

This looks wonderful!